RC Willey Fuckers…
I had a crappy experience with RC Willey and it keeps getting worse…there’s a lot of detail in this story that could run on for days, so I’ll just provide the highlights:
1. Bought a five piece sectional for a little over $3300 (paid for ½ with our bank card and financed the other ½ on a RC Willey account, this will be relevant later).
2. It was delivered with only four pieces.
3. It broke after one week.
4. When I called the store to get it fixed, the customer service department told me I had to speak to the sales associate I bought it from and the sales associate told me I had to talk to customer service.
5. We get it repaired and it breaks again the same day.
6. Decide to return sectional for an exchange, go to store and original sales associate avoids us like the plague, unfortunately she is who we have to work with for the exchange to occur.
7. Finally get her to help us (via harassment from other sales associates), and we pick out a new couch and request some changes to bring down the price (i.e. cloth instead of leather and no sleeper) and she informs us that will take 6-8 weeks, it’s a special order so it will cost more and it is likely that the material on the special order pieces will not match the material of the pieces that are in stock, then hands us a sales order, that does not include the changes we requested, for $3600…and leaves telling us if we needed anything else go to customer service.
8. Pissed off, we go to customer service and tell them to come get the sectional and we want our $ back…it takes like 45 minutes for them to work up the refund paperwork, which will not be effective until after they pick up the sectional.
9. They pick up the sectional and after a couple of days call to ask for the bank card # so they can refund our $...the next day I check the RC Willey account and the bank account, the half whit handling the transaction refunded the full amount to the RC Willey account.
10. Call customer service and ask to speak to a manager 3 times only to be told straight out “No”. And have to deal with a bitter snatch to get the accounts corrected.
11. Called back on the main line and get transferred to customer service manager and tell her about the half whit and bitter snatch that she has working for her.
12. Write letter to RC Willey HQ in Utah, Berkshire Hathaway (RC Willey parent company) and the furniture and customer service managers at the local store telling them what kind of assholes work for them.
Below are pictures of the offending sectional...note the rug we purchased to go with the couch that we also had to return, thankfully it was to a diffent store and took all of two minutes.