Welcome to the Monkeyhouse

When you grab a hold of me; Tell me that I'll never be set free; But I'm a parasite, creep and crawl I step into the night.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Sock Chip…

Sweet Coalminer, you are correct, I am not that busy. I’ve been entertaining the family that has come to pay homage to the new addition. As they do not know about this blog, I tend to ignore it when anyone comes to visit. So, updates.

We got little man’s winky snipped last week, which I totally hate. I have no idea what the heck I’m supposed to be doing to care for this thing and any thing that varies about it my husband completely freaks out about. I assume it’s a man thing, but if I get called to the other room to look at and assess my little one’s junk again, I will scream.

Also, home fry has colic. So, on a bad night I sleep for about two hours total, broken into 15 minute increments. Being that I’m a generally angry person, when you add that fact that I’m not sleeping, I become quite the peach. For some reason, I assume resentment; it makes me more patient with my children and more frustrated with the spouse. The man can sleep through anything. Usually the only thing that calms the baby down is the breast, so it’s chichi to the rescue. To help lessen the problem I’ve had to cut out any foods with flavor, which isn’t such a big deal and has helped in the weight loss process. My mom was visiting this last week and has hypertension and diabetes, so I just stuck to her diet, which was convenient. And on top of that, he has a raging case of baby acne.

Big brother is doing well with the addition. We did A LOT of prep work on getting him ready to little brother and the adjustment has been smooth. Since the little one just eats, sleeps and poops, we are still focusing most of our attention on big brother. Yesterday, all four of us went to see “Over the Hedge”, which was really cute and funny. The little one got fussy in the beginning, but with a little cradle-butt patting action we got through it in fine form. After the movie, we went to “Tacos Del Mar” for lunch. During the meal my husband dropped a chip and it landed on his sock. He picked it up, looked around the restaurant to see if anyone notice what he was doing and then ate the sock chip…I kiss this man. I totally called him on it, to which he defended his behavior. I pointed out that if it was socially acceptable he wouldn’t have scanned the restaurant for clearance to eat it.

Big brother also got a tube removed from his ear today, talk about traumatic. He recovered after about 5 minutes, but I think my husband and I will be scarred for life. While we were at the ENT my husband had his hearing checked. This appointment was made because he claims that he has trouble hearing me. But, it turns out that he has abnormally good hearing and just isn’t paying attention to anything I say. As a bonus, the doctor also said that the reason for my husband’s snoring is due to allergies most likely created by letting the dogs sleep in our room. I’ve been trying to get those stinky farters out for a while now, but to no avail. It figures that I can piss and moan about it for a couple of years and my husband will hearing nothing of it, but find out that it is bad for him (i.e. he wakes up tired due to snoring and broken sleep) and he’s talking about moving them to the garage at night before we get out of the parking lot at the doctor’s office.

On a sad note, I thought I lost my cell phone last week and replaced it with a Razor to the tune of $350. And wouldn’t you know it; I found my old phone later that day. So, today I took back the Razor, but I really really liked it and am sad.

2 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Sweet Coalminer said...

Sock chip eater. He was totally in the right if it's the top of the sock. The bottom of the sock would have been a different story. But really, aren't there just SO MANY CHIPS for SO LITTLE SALSA that you can afford to waste a chip?

Sorry about the colic. Hope you find the offending food(s) soon. And about the penis/ear trauma. I wonder if anyone googling "penis in ear" will wind up here now?

Dog farts are the worst. Have you read "Walter the Farting Dog?"

Glad you're back.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

I've bought Walter the Farting Dog for two white elephant parties now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home