Welcome to the Monkeyhouse

When you grab a hold of me; Tell me that I'll never be set free; But I'm a parasite, creep and crawl I step into the night.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Different Poop, Different Day

I saw The Break Up this weekend and it totally made me cry (I’m such a puss). Okay, so it’s not getting the best reviews but what the hell do people expect? This movie is by no means Oscar material, but it’s entertaining. I’d give it a B+. I’m pretty sure that my husband was the inspiration for the Vince Vaughn character. We’ve totally had the same arguments for the same reasons.

Speaking of the spouse, he took our older son to see a Dora the Explorer stage show today. I got great seats for the performance by waiting for the last moment. Here’s a tip of ya’ll. Most any theater keeps the prime seats on reserve for several reasons, special guest, for the performers family, etc. But, if it turns out the seats are not going to be used they release them for public sale as the date of the event nears. Yesterday they released seats for the Dora performance which included ones that were 6 rows back and dead center, and were we able to purchase them today. They do these releases daily, so it’s hit or miss on getting them. I did the same thing for a performance of the Lion King in Sac. You can usually call the box office and ask when they do releases, most occur daily at noon. The only thing that sucks is that it can be hard to make plans if you don’t have tickets for sure. That’s why I only take this route if I’ve totally forgotten to get tickets early and won’t be completely upset if I miss the given performance.

I was planning on taking our son to the show, but we had a little incident yesterday so we thought it was best that I stay home with the baby. When I was out at the movie, my husband was watching the boys and gave the newbie a bottle of formula, which is no big deal. But, he let the kid suck down three ounces in a matter of minutes without forcing breaks for burping. The end result was our 6 week old doing a Linda Blair impersonation all afternoon. Poor baby was so sad, it was rather heartbreaking. Most of the puke ended up on me, so you guess how happy I was with the situation. On the other side of the coin, the baby just had a diaper blow out and my husband didn’t notice until after he picked him up. Poop all over the bouncy, my husband's shirt and his hand…gotta go clean.

1 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

Sick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home