Welcome to the Monkeyhouse

When you grab a hold of me; Tell me that I'll never be set free; But I'm a parasite, creep and crawl I step into the night.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

If you have nothing nice to say…

So, I’ve been lazy about updating this week, but mainly because I’ve had nothing nice to say. Instead I’ll bitch.

About two weeks ago I pull a groin muscle getting into my car and haven’t been right since. Basically, if I sit for too long I walk funny when I get up, it’s uncomfortable to lie on my sides (and sleeping on your left side is best when you are pregnant), and in order to get to sleep I have to prop every appendage with pillows and convince myself that I’m not in complete pain. As my husband put it…I broke my vagina.

Also, my feet have started to swell, another lovely side effect of pregnancy. I was hoping to pump enough water into my system that this wouldn’t be a problem, but I guess I wasn’t diligent.

Everywhere I go people want to take pictures of me…okay ass holes, I’m cranky, bloated and in pain…I don’t care if you want to remember my pregnancy, get the fucking camera out of my face.

I have too much going on at work and not enough time to get it all done. Everyone is freaking out because I’ll be off of work for so long (about 12 weeks, love that FMLA). So, I have all these requests to conduct trainings and set up meetings before I leave, and I still have to do my regular work. When I comes down to it, I know that I will not be able to be completely away from work, as it is I’ve already been set up so that I can get into my work G & H drives, email and HR system from home. Coupled with the fact that I do own a phone and fax machine, I pretty sure that I’ll be working from home.

My house is a mess and there’s not much I can do about it. Between the groin pull and swollen feet, I’ve been told to take it easy. Since my husband hasn’t been coming with me to doctor’s appointment, I’m pretty sure that he thinks I’m full of shit on this topic. Which means my house looks like the city dump. I have family coming to town in early April for a baby shower, and my mother-in-law staying with us for a week when the baby is born. My husband only cleans when we have a fight about it, and even then he does a less then spectacular job. The only thing that really annoys me about this is the fact that I know his mother will lecture me about the house and then proceed to talk shit about me to other family members. She holds her son accountable for nothing and he is more then happy to jump on that band wagon.

I think that about covers it.

3 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

I think I'm actually the one that coined the term "broke your vagina," no?

You guys should hire a maid... just for these next couple of weeks. Then the MIL can't complain.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Sweet Coalminer said...

I'm sorry about your broken taco and work and your swollen feet! that sucks! pamper yourself a little.

I agree: get a maid.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Housekeeper said...

I had a maid for three years and she quit just over a year ago...she kicked ass, and I haven't been able to find anyone that measures up since.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home