Welcome to the Monkeyhouse

When you grab a hold of me; Tell me that I'll never be set free; But I'm a parasite, creep and crawl I step into the night.

Friday, December 01, 2006

There really is an Estonia…

About 8 years ago I had a kidney stone, and wouldn’t you know…I’ve gotten another one. I spent the Thanksgiving holiday in LV and on our first full day back in town I ended up in the ER. It’s been almost a week of straining my pee, and I haven’t passed it yet. Every so often I get some back pain otherwise I am well. While I was sitting in the ER waiting room, hopped up on morphine, some lady had the following conversation with her husband, who was wincing in pain and doing his best to pay attention to her…

“Honey do you remember that movie with Brendan Frasier? The one where he from the past, in that movie they say that he’s from Estonia, (at the point she turns toward the waiting room TV which is tuned into CNN and reporting on the conflict in Estonia), look there really is an Estonia”

Who was it that said, “Better to let people think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.”

Also, did anyone notice that on my Dead Marriage Pool post from August that I've called it 2 for 3 so far...Nick and his lady will pull through for me.

1 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger sugafree9 said...

Sam Clemens aka Mark Twain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home