Welcome to the Monkeyhouse

When you grab a hold of me; Tell me that I'll never be set free; But I'm a parasite, creep and crawl I step into the night.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Blah, Blah, Blah...


So, I took the pic on the way home from work the other day. If feel kinda bad for the person living in the “old house” were you can park in the “at alley”. I must suck having your house referred to as old on a very public sign.

Also, the other night the spouse and I were watching the AI auditions from Austin, TX. When there was this guy singing “I can’t make you love me”. He stated that he was a music major studying at Texas A&M. Anyway, he get to the line “Just hold me close, don't patronize. Don't patronize me.” And both times he said “patronize” he pronounced it with the meaning “being a customer”, rather then “being condescending”, as intended in the song. The husband totally caught it, I had to rewind to see it again.

4 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Yukon Sully said...

Ah, but don't you see, that was intentional! He is emploring his beloved to see him as a fully realized human being not simply a disposable commodity. And who is the beloved, you ask? No less than an avatar for you and I, the consuming public. This brave young Aggie was obviously trying to slip in a subtle Marxist critique into plastic-fantastic hollow extravaganza that is American Idol. And on a Rupert Murdoch-owned station, no less! The irony is delicious. Sir, I salute you.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Yukon Sully said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger sugafree9 said...

I believe he's just trying to say: "I'm not Bloomingdale's... Don't patronize me. I ain't for sale baby. Don't come shoppin' for love with me honey."

Or something.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Housekeeper said...

It's almost like the end of Pretty Woman, when Julia Roberts character doesn’t want to be a kept woman any longer, but to be in a relationship with the man who was “patronizing” her. This reminds me, I saw Memoirs of a Geisha a few weeks ago. Having read the book I was totally excited about seeing the movie. But when it comes down to it, I'd say it was little more then a Japanese version of Pretty Woman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home