Welcome to the Monkeyhouse

When you grab a hold of me; Tell me that I'll never be set free; But I'm a parasite, creep and crawl I step into the night.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Ghost of parties past…

There have been those parties where I’ve been so shit faced and embarrassed myself, that I thought for sure "this will come and haunt me", you know ruin any aspiration of becoming Nevada’s first female Governor (although if I start a lounge act I think my chances of becoming Lieutenant Governor increase exponentially). Never in a million years did I think the party that would revisit me would be from 1986, when I was 9 years old. So, I have a group of girl friends that I went to college with that are the types of friends that you can say anything to. You know the kind that you can strike up a conversation about anal bleaching or openly molest and there’s no question that it’s normal for that group. We have a yahoo group and send mass emails to each other via this medium. I started getting ones this weekend regarding a picture that I was supposedly in, but I had no idea what they were talking about. I went to work this morning and there was another email mentioning this mysterious picture…then I realized that my work email must have automatically moving it to my junk mail folder (sorry cla-cla, guess the company IS department doesn’t love ya much). It turns out an old friend has posted a costume party picture from 1986 on another friends myspace profile. Then the evil Cla-Cla got a hold of it and sent it out to the college girls and my husband. Oh well, it’s pretty funny and I totally remember that party and taking that picture. I cropped most of the people out; accept myself and the two people who were part of the myspace exchange. I'm the one in the shadow.

7 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

You forgot to mention that it was a costume party and two of the threee girls in the photo are supposed to be Amy freakin' Grant (including you!). HA! (The other girl is Dolly Parton.) Mwah ha ha ha ha!!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Housekeeper said...

None of the girls were suppose to be Amy Grant, hell she was a christian singer until 1991 when she came out with BabyBaby and crossed over to pop, so I don't think anyone really knew who she was in 1986. I pretty sure the most of us were some version of Madonna or Olivia Newtown John. In fact, I'm positive I was a mexican version of Whitney Houston. Get the facts straight, dumb ass.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

Look Whitney, you best be directing that crack-induced anger toward your buddy Amber (aka Dolly Parton). Apparently your costumes weren't THAT good, cuz she thought you were all supposed to be Amy Grant!

Hey, wait a sec.. did you say 1986? WHY THE HECK WASN'T I INVITED??!! Even Anne got an invite, and she was the smelly girl in class!!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Housekeeper said...

1. We just told you that Anne was the smelly girl, when in fact you were the stinky one. 2. Hanging out with Crusty that much might have brought you social market value down. 3. There was politics involved when inviting Anne to a party, her birthday was always at Scandia and to get an invite you had to dish on out. 4. You should be asking the birthday girl these questions, from what I know you can find her teaching 5th grade (and math) at our alma mater.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

don't even start with me....

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

I just realized I never added a link here from my blog, sorry.

Who's the girl in the stripped sweater?

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Housekeeper said...

That's Margy, too cute! I have to link you too...right now I get to you via Cladeedah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home