Welcome to the Monkeyhouse

When you grab a hold of me; Tell me that I'll never be set free; But I'm a parasite, creep and crawl I step into the night.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Such a Hobo…

I’ve been so bad about writing lately. I’m pretty sure I’m nesting, and obsessing about the new baby that I haven’t had much time for anything else. Also, not much exciting stuff has been going on (other then me turning friends on to the addictive “Project Runway”).

I had a sonogram last week and found out that I still have that darn ovarian cyst. I had a feeling it was still there, but since the pain wasn’t as intense as it was at first I just ignored the whole thing. You’d think that I would have learned from past experiences (salmonella poisoning, a kidney stone, pre-term back labor…which all feel pretty much the same) that that kind of pain is usually an indicator of much worse. Right now it is 4cm, back up from the 2cm it was last time we checked, but the doctors office said that they don’t get concerned until it hits the 5-7cm mark. I fear that they will put me on bed rest, a road that I have been down before and wish not to visit again.

At work, I am getting ready to change offices. There’s been some movement in the building and our department is taking over a large part of the empty space. So, today has been filled with me listening to maintenance guys move crap and paint walls. Although, I did get to enjoy some older fellow try to crack jokes about “banging studs” to several of his uninterested 20 something colleagues. Maybe if I’m lucky, they’ll be back tomorrow.

3 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

I'm sorry sweet pea. How dangerous is this cyst?

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Sweet Coalminer said...

I bet that guy looks at you and thinks, "She did it. Huh. huh. Babies R Us is always full of sluts." I miss Beavis and Butthead.

Sorry about the cyst. That blows. There's nothing you can do to make it smaller, but I will hope hope hope it goes down. Bedrest sucks. Unless you're really tired. Then it's a nicce excuse to have your husband bring you cinnamon toast.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Housekeeper said...

The cyst is not really dangerous, just painful. Nothing I can't handle. I do hate the idea of bed rest for several reasons. I can't stand the idea of not being able to do anything and the "old nuts" (aka the husband) becomes a total nazi about me moving about. Last time I was on bed rest he would literally pester me while I was taking showers about standing upright for too long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home