Welcome to the Monkeyhouse

When you grab a hold of me; Tell me that I'll never be set free; But I'm a parasite, creep and crawl I step into the night.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Fear…

I got your regular run of the mill fears, you know heights, burning to death, swimming in open water where the unknown can nip at your feet (I always imagine its one of those elusive giant squids). My current fear is that I will create some kind of esteem issues in baby boy number two (due in late April), because of what a joy baby boy number one is. I try not to be too obnoxious mom, but the boy is awesome. He’s a happy, smart, sweet, adorable, attentive little boy. I’m pretty sure it has noting to do with me or the spouse, and everyone is already telling me that I will not be so lucky this time around. Am I already setting this baby up for a life of comparison? Being the youngest of eight, I know what its like to be compared to older siblings, but I didn’t mind it because the majority of them sucked. As long as I avoided jail, drugs and pregnancy, I was a model child.

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Sweet Coalminer said...

Wow! 8!

I think that as parents, no matter what, we will think our children are awesome and beautiful.

Part of the same virus that brings us irreversible maternal amnesia.

Your new boy will be his own person, wonderful in many ways. Maybe different ways than his brother, but wonderful nonetheless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home