Welcome to the Monkeyhouse

When you grab a hold of me; Tell me that I'll never be set free; But I'm a parasite, creep and crawl I step into the night.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Ouch!

My baby has an “ouch”. He was at “school” on Friday and fell on the playground and I guess given the way that he went down, he almost completely tore off one of his finger nails. It tore from below the cuticle and was bleeding pretty bad. So, I took him to the emergency room and after seeing the triage nurse they fast tracked to see a doctor. My poor little boy kept telling me that he was scared…I wanted to cry. The doctor decided that it was best to take the nail (it was literally just hanging on), remove it, reinsert it under his cuticle and then put in some stitches to keep it in place. I’m not one to sugar coat things when it comes to pain, so I explained to him what was going to happen, keep in mind he’s only 3, and that it was going to hurt a lot. They basically wrapped him up, accept for the injured hand, so he wouldn’t move too much and then numbed his finger with a couple of shots, which was the most traumatic part of the whole process. I sat at the top of the hospital bed and talked to him while they were doing their thing, my husband was standing in the corner looking like he might throw up or pass out. Anyway, its been a couple of days now and he’s able to go the whole day with out any pain medicine and is being very good about making sure that he doesn’t hit it on anything. We clean and wrap it every night and it is starting to look better…here’s a fuzzy picture I took of it last night with my camera phone.

4 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Awwww. :( Poor kid.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Sweet Coalminer said...

Poor baby! Such a brave little guy. Such brave parents.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

That's horrible! Poor Daddy! I can't even imagine...

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

she left me for good.... it's all over :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home