Welcome to the Monkeyhouse

When you grab a hold of me; Tell me that I'll never be set free; But I'm a parasite, creep and crawl I step into the night.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Yet another list.

I’ve been on a list kick lately so why stop now.

The big cheese at work was teasing me yesterday because of all of my neurosis. And I have to admit that I do have several (notice I feel the need to explain them)…

1. Mysterious food. I work in an area where people are always bringing in food as a thank you and we have a couple of people who work here who love to cook and will bring in their latest dish. Usually, it is left in the break room and people pick at it, no questions asked. I won’t. I find it disturbing that people just blindly accept that the food is okay and go to town. The area I work in also has a lot of people who don’t like us, so I don’t want to be the victim of rat poison laced cookies.

2. Large objects mounted on the walls or ceiling. Growing up in LV, I think that I only felt one earthquake. They happen here somewhat regularly and I don’t want some 35” tv hanging on the wall at Sparky’s to fall on me. So, I won’t sit under or near anything that can crush me. For that matter, I don’t have a piece of furniture in my office that is above waist high and the only things hanging on my walls are my degrees.

3. I won’t drive at night during the winter. Once again I grew up in LV, if it snowed at all we got excited. So, when I moved here the winters took some getting used to. Well, the winter I was pregnant with my son, I was driving home from a meeting at about 9 pm, when I spun out on the black ice…won’t take the chance now.

4. I don’t like strangers touching me. I don’t know where you’ve been and don’t know what kind of crap you’re carrying. I think this is why I could never live in a big city and use public transportation; I would have to sit to close to strangers. Also, this is why I could never be a slut, I’d require any potential partner to have a lot of testing and provide a lot of background information to be intimate.

5. I’m afraid of the dark…well actually the dark outdoors. I think this comes from being a girl and having everyone warn me all my life about rapist lurking in dark bushes waiting to attack. Whatever the reason, I hate be outside alone at night.

Other then that I think I’m pretty normal. Unless, you count being disturbed by Wal-Marts as a neurosis.

2 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

I'm neurotic about time. It's hard to explain. It's more than just not liking to be late. I always set my alarm clock a random number of minutes ahead and am always calculating what time it really is whenever I look at it..."oH It's 7:04 but it's really 11 minutes ahead, so it's really 6:53, sweet!"

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Housekeeper said...

I use to do the same thing, but then started buying atomic clocks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home