Welcome to the Monkeyhouse

When you grab a hold of me; Tell me that I'll never be set free; But I'm a parasite, creep and crawl I step into the night.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Pet Peeves

I saw this on someone else’s page and decided to steal it.

Pet Peeves

1. People who say that they went swimming with “the dolphins”. “The dolphins”…what the fuck is that? Is there just one pod that travels from place to place swimming with humans or are we talking about Dan Marino’s former crew? Either way it bugs me.

2. People who use words like irregardless and supposably.

3. People who don’t add a “ly” when they are suppose too…example: “Drive safe”, instead of “Drive safely”.

4. People who play tonsil hockey in public. I can handle and engage in conservative displays of affection in public, but I don’t want to see anyone taste their significant other’s lunch in front of me.

5. People who wear clothes that don’t fit them…guess what, if you’re oozing out the top of your jeans or I can see the outline of your appendectomy scar because your clothes are so tight, chances are that they are too small and you look like an idiot.

6. People who talk during movies…It doesn’t make you cool that you don’t care if you bother other people, it makes you obnoxious and annoying, and makes me pretty sure that you have an IQ lower then 60.

7. People who have used words or phrases like “that’s tight”, “that’s the bomb” or “bling”? It’s basically trendy speak, and like dressing trendy it screams of desperation for acceptance by some group of people that you’ve determined as the “in crowd”…it’s even worse if you are still doing this outside of high school. There are enough words in the English language that you don’t have to sound like an Aaron Carter reject.

8. Hairy female arm pits…just gross...not sure why…maybe I’m sexist…actually I don’t care to see anyone’s hairy pits.

9. Screaming girls…you know the ones who group together and freak out if a boy calls them, usually a group of adolescents…shut the fuck up, it’s not cute.

10. This ones really on one’s fault, but warm chairs and toilet sets. I know someone has sat there before me, but I hate being reminded.

5 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Yukon Sully said...

I particularly agree with numbers 4, 6 and 7. In a way, they all sort of speak to the same thing: a self-contradicting desperate desire to impress people by showing how little you care about what people think of you. There's a special circle of Hell reserved for people who talk at the movies.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I hate people who talk at movies, even though I am one of them!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I see nothing wrong with the word "bling." I like "bling." I find it ironic that someone as white and notably not cool as me uses it. Irregardless...just kidding. But I really use "bling" and will not stop.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Housekeeper said...

You know...I use "bling" too, but its usually to mock and make fun of people...I don't think that's the same thing.

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Whew! I was afraid there wasn't an irony exception clause in your list!

I have a new pet peeve- people who not only talk on their cell phone during a movie, but textmessage as well. Maybe I am living under a rock, (If so, I like it quite well) but why do people do that ? Why even come to a movie? Netlix the fucker!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home