Welcome to the Monkeyhouse

When you grab a hold of me; Tell me that I'll never be set free; But I'm a parasite, creep and crawl I step into the night.

Friday, December 02, 2005

10 Reasons why I'm a geek

The other night I was heading home with my husband and son in tow, and listening to my favorite radio station 103.7 when a song that I love came on “Cherry Cherry”, by Neil Diamond. This happened right as my husband was about to say something, when he saw me turn up the radio and start “rocking out”, he cut himself short. After the song, I asked what he was going to say, when the told me “I was going to say that I removed this station from my car radio because it plays to much Neil Diamond, but since that song came on it sounds contrived.” So, I think of my husband as a pretty big dork, sure he played division I college football and masters pretty much any sport he tries, sure he’s 6’7” and can kick anyone’s butt, sure he’s hot and has an ass like a “jack hammer” (hehe…Letterman quote), but under it all he’s a computer tooling, video gaming, comic book reading dork. So, when he points out that a type of music that I might enjoy is considered by some as lame, I am faced with my geekdom. Let me give you my self identified 10 reasons why I’m a geek, understand that there are many more, but there is only so much I can write.

1. I listen to Neil Diamond and the Carpenters…and love it. Understand, I’m the youngest of 8 with a 20 year age gap between me and my oldest sibling. Their taste in music had a definite affect on me…and at least it’s not Tom Jones.
2. I kick ass at Jeopardy and record it. But, my husband takes part in this too.
3. My job requires me to know a butt load of state and federal regs and rules that I can recall at anytime, not only do I rock this…I actually enjoy it.
4. I’m so good at the card game “Pit” that people won’t play with me anymore.
5. In college I joined the nerdiest clubs and organizations that even my husband/then boyfriend made fun of me.
6. I’m so bad at backing out of parking spots its shocking that no one has been hurt.
7. I failed the first driving test I took.
8. In high school I carried around the world’s largest binder, and because of it I couldn’t fit actual books in my book bag.
9. I was the Virgin Mary in every freakin’ church/school play that I was in between the ages of 7 and 13.
10. I didn’t mind the catholic school uniforms that I wore for 12 years. In fact, I wish I still had to wear a uniform; it would make getting ready in the mornings so much easier.

Those who know me feel free to add or speculate.

3 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

This why private school is a very bad idea.. it creates social mutants like yourself.

And piss off - TOM JONES ROCKS!! Harder than Neil Diamond, anyway..

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I wouldn't say love, but have been known to like on a number of occasions Neil Diamond.

Sweet Caroline is a fave.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Housekeeper said...

Just looking at Tom Jones makes me feel dirty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home