Welcome to the Monkeyhouse

When you grab a hold of me; Tell me that I'll never be set free; But I'm a parasite, creep and crawl I step into the night.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Top 10 Reasons I love my quaint little mountain town.

I always making comments about my town being a haven for “white trash”, but obviously there are many reasons why I live here and love it.

10. Only place I’ve been were driving a Subaru makes you a pimp...all wheel drive…that’s hot.
9. The whole town is casual. And I’m not talking yuppie khaki/fleece bay area casual (although that element does thrive here), but you can get away with wearing just about anything casual anywhere and you’re not going to feel underdressed. Beanies, cargo pants and Tevas are standard issue when you move here.
8. Everyone is nice…almost to the point of being obnoxious. Walking down the street people look you in the eyes, smile and say “hi”. It’s contagious.
7. It’s an outdoor Mecca. Regardless of the time of year, there is always some activity to do outdoors. Hike, bike, kayak, snow/water ski…there is always something.
6. Anything that we don’t have here is near by. Tahoe- a half-hour; San Francisco- maybe four hours…you drive there and back to see a Giants or 49ers game in the same day and shopping (or you could do that in Sac-two hours away); Napa Valley-three hours away…get the booze and get home quickly.
5. Community atmosphere. This is apparent with regard to the local University. People know what’s going on with the teams and the school in general…they ask questions and care. People know you everywhere you go…it’s like one big Cheers.
4. Its small. I can get most anywhere in town in around 15-20 minutes.
3. The town was founded on my birthday, only 109 years earlier.
2. I think it’s pretty. When most people think of the state, they think desert, but we have four seasons and sagebrush to boot.
1. We try to rise above the “white trash” image…there’s a lot of things to do in town that would not be considered “white trash” and those things are what make it fun to live here.

6 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

Why the sudden rush of love for your town?? Must be the hormones. Anyway, it SO does not take 15-20 to get from one side of town to the other anymore. Say hello to urban sprawl and crowded freeways. It was bad last time I was there.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Housekeeper said...

Last time you were here you didn't drive and you can't see for shit, so I don't think you could discern if there was traffic or not.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

Yes, but I can certainly tell when the car is moving and when it's not.. especially for 40 minutes.. the time it actually took for us to get to the other side of town.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Housekeeper said...

I think you were drunk...and can't tell time.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

I think the hormones are clouding your sense of reality.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger sugafree9 said...

You don't know Reno. You just watch Reno.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home