Welcome to the Monkeyhouse

When you grab a hold of me; Tell me that I'll never be set free; But I'm a parasite, creep and crawl I step into the night.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Sneak Attack Pelvic Exam

I consider myself a mildly intelligent individual. So, when my OB/GYN set up an appointment for me to meet with the person in charge of finances and have a “physical” I didn’t think much of it. I have been through this before and figured it would be the usual list of blood tests, getting weight/blood pressure baselines and a urine sample. But to my glorious surprise it includes a full set of STD tests…which means stirrups, Happy Tuesday Morning! Personally, when I’m going to have my genital probed and my cervix manhandled I like a little warning, but I guess they gave that to me when they said I was going to have a “physical”. I knew something was up when I walked into the room to see an economy size tube of KY, a set of gloves and those huge cotton swabs. Note to self: next time someone wants to give me a “physical” be sure to ask what that entails.
Picture from my OB's waiting room...why would you want a picture of your assumed spouse groping you 9 months pregnant stomach...and where the hell would you hang it?

4 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

Ooh, ahh.. I'll assume everything was in order down there?

That portait rocks! I'll totally get one if I ever decide to get knocked up.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I'd hang it in a sports bar.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger sinner said...

fifty six

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger sinner said...

my momma taught me never to refer to a woman's uterus until the third date.

heads sure turned when I read your comment because of my loud laughter.

THEN I read your post. I didn't have time last night.

The only thing I have to offer is that one time when I mentioned to a man about my age that a woman doctor was going to check my prostate he said he thought that was great.

"How so?" says I

"Small hands" he replied.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home