Welcome to the Monkeyhouse

When you grab a hold of me; Tell me that I'll never be set free; But I'm a parasite, creep and crawl I step into the night.

Friday, September 23, 2005

We are earning our reputation...

So, I completely “hyper vigilant” (as one friend calls me) and for good reason…my son is the cutest thing on earth and I know that everyone wants to steal him. This being said, I try not to say too much about myself as to clue in baby snatchers on how to find my perfect little cherub. But, I have to talk about something that gives a pretty good indicator of where I am…and that topic is “Street Vibrations”. It’s an annual biker “convention” held in my quaint little mountain town…and I might mention that this “mountain town” has a pretty good reputation for being totally white trash…and this week we are earning that reputation and then some. My little corner of the world has been invaded by leather bound, tattooed, hog riding DAs with an identity/mid-life crisis. And they are everywhere…I was having dinner with friends and the court yard at the restaurant we were at was filled with them…I had to go to the capital today and the highway was full with them…the sound of their machines fills the air 24/7…the city closed downtown to accommodate their gathering, which makes driving that direction a pain in the ass…in fact, driving anywhere in town is a pain because of these people…oh the horror.
Behold their ball of wonders…I think they get in with their bikes and ride around this thing…a demonstration of centrifugal force, burly and interested in science.

3 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Yukon Sully said...

"leather bound, tattooed, hog riding DAs with an identity/mid-life crisis." THAT'S FUNNY! Our quaint little mountain town isn't really as white-trash as is reputed, but events like Street Vibrations don't help the image much.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Housekeeper said...

I like perpetuating the white-trash stereotype…I’m under the delusion that it keeps people from moving here.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger sugafree9 said...

I wonder if they're getting some kind of sexual pleasure feeling that big vibrating machine between their legs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home