Welcome to the Monkeyhouse

When you grab a hold of me; Tell me that I'll never be set free; But I'm a parasite, creep and crawl I step into the night.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

I hate Vegas...sometimes.

My family wants me to move back to Vegas...but its not exactly high on my list of desires and wishes. Mainly because I love were I live so much and I feel it is a much better environment to raise my son. Anyway, I've been here (in Vegas) for about a week and each day I'm being reminded why I don't like living here....
1. Traffic sucks
2. Freaks on every street corner
3. Guilty feelings of snobbery for thinking everyone is an unwashed freak
4. Pretty sure the freaks include a fair number of pedophiles eyeing my beautiful son
5. Involvement in every minor family crisis
6. Lack of outdoor entertainment...its October and hot so who wants to be outdoors...not able to go for a walk or bike ride without heat stroke
7. It smells like ass
8. Its the land of stucco and mauve buildings...I can't keep shopping centers straight because they all look the same...and what the hell is with all of the "Petcos" and "Petsmarts"
9. Constant fear that I will run into someone I know...didn't care for them when I was here, haven't missed them while I've been gone and have no desire to see them when I visit
10.After a while, chicks with fake boobs, hot pants and hooker heals lose their novelty and I long for the Patagonia clad masses up north

On a positive note...the shopping is great and I do get to see my parents who I love dearly.

Exhibit A: Was stuck in a doctor's office waiting room of 5 hours (another story) and had the joy of listening to this yahoo call everyone in his Franklin Covey knock off date planner and talk about "rolling" some guy when he got out of the hospital...not sure what that means.

4 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger sinner said...

I agree with you on everything but #10.

Of course when I'm in Vegas if I'm not looking down at a craps table it's because I'm asleep or eating.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Shawna said...

I hear ya! I can only handle so much "VEGAS" at a time! Having friends there helps a lot. Especially since they can show you some "off the strip" entertainment. NO NO! Nothing dirty...I'm talking..Red rock and the Valley of fire, korean Karaoke and things of that sort.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Yukon Sully said...

You've hit the nail on the head perfectly. People always ask me why I don't move down to Vegas and take some lucrative scam/job sueing people for construction defects or some such. I always list the usual things: Traffic, freaks, strip-mall culture, L.A. wannabes, etc., etc. But after reading your post it hit me like a ton of bricks--VEGAS SMELLS LIKE ASS! I could never put my finger on it before, but it's undeniable.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Cladeedah said...

Vegas hates you too. And Vegas thinks you dress like a slob too, so there. :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home